Friday, January 16, 2009

Christmas

Christmas was wonderful this year! Of course it was wonderful...it was a celebration before the festivities and excitement of the wedding! Bobby and I flew to Utah on the Monday before and spent a few days with his mom and family. We had such a wonderful time eating good food and having lots of laughs. Mutti (mom in German) was a great hostess, always making sure we had full bellies and chasing the cats out of my room so I wouldn't have sneezing fits.


We had an early Christmas Eve since we would be spending that day with my family. We opened presents with Muttie and Xax and Shannon and had a wonderful time. I love Bobby's family so much...they've done so much for me and the love they've shown me has made me feel so welcome and like I've become part of the family--which I now have!

We drove up to Pocatello on Christmas Eve and spent the next couple days with my family. Christmas Eve we spent eating a lovely Christmas dinner and then, as tradition in my family, having a cream puff eating contest.




We opened presents and enjoyed spending time with family--isn't Lilly just the cutest thing you've ever seen? I could just chew on her for a while!. I hadn't been able to spend Christmas with my family for the last two years and it was wonderful sharing that time with them.

2 comments:

B and J said...

Welcome back Mr & Mrs Berry! Congrats on the wedding it looked like you had a beautiful day, sorry again we couldn't be there with you.
Brad & I have both enjoyed your love stories, I'm glad you found each other.
I love the picture of President Somers in a paper crown :)

Annie Oldham said...

We were so glad to be able to share Christmas with you again finally! I think it was one of the best Christmases ever. Love you!