Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Now That's Romance

I wouldn't call myself an incurable romantic. I'm not even that schmoopy or sentimental. Between the two of us, Bobby's probably got me beat in that category. I don't keep mementos and I'm not big on souvenirs. As far as dating goes, give me a good meal and I am 100 percent A-OK. But, I have one love, one weakness that I find desperately romantic...flowers. I love it when a guy gives me flowers. It hasn't happened too often but it can tip the scales in his favor. I dated a guy once that I didn't really like and he sent me flowers on my birthday...and I have to say that I started questioning my lack of liking for him.

Now, I love Bobby so incredibly much that I can feel it in my eyeballs, but I do have to call him out on one thing...this man has never brought me flowers. Several times I've made subtle hints, several times I've made not so subtle hints, but to no avail. For some reason he has refused to do this one thing that I think is the epitome of romance. Until this weekend. Here's what happened:


"My love, I have finally given in to all your griping and moaning about never getting flowers. Look what I did! I brought you a bright, beautiful bouquet of the lovely flora of God's great earth! See how the rhubarb pales in comparison to your beauty!"


"What?! You'd rather have roses?! But YOU can't make a pie for ME out of roses!"

Now that's romance!

*this event never occurred, Bobby did not present me with a bouquet of rhubarb, the whole thing was staged, and he is not the cad that this event portrays him to be. I will note, however, that Bobby STILL has yet to give me flowers.

7 comments:

Jonathan said...

Maybe Bobby shares the opinion of many guys. That is "flowers are only for when I've done something wrong, and I need to wait until I inevitably make a mistake to use them". I like the school of thought portrayed in this post, "you can't make pie out of roses." Mmm pie.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
McArthur Family said...

So funny!

dave&abby johnson family said...

Oh my that is hilarious, love the photos added were a nice touch to the story.


BOB get ON IT!

Annie Oldham said...

Bobby, you've never given my sister flowers? And I'm supposed to like you?!? Just kidding. But seriously, just give the girl some flowers! You two are so great together. And Maggie, no, you aren't the romantic type. But ever since you and Bobby so happily fell in love, you've been walking the edge of Schmoopy, and I think it's wonderful.

Kristen Brady said...

I agree - there's nothing quite as good as flowers - especially when you weren't expecting them!

B and J said...

There is nothing better than getting flowers! Brad was really good before we were married, I worked at a grocery store then, he would come to buy dinner & come through my line, several times flowers in hand. Then we got married and well I think I have gotten them maybe 6 times in 4 years.