Friday, June 26, 2009

Summer Work (Yuck!)

My fun job with Kaleidoscope (an after school elementary program) ended in June with the school year. And since then I have been utterly enjoying not working. I've been able to get some things done around the house and have been loving the freedom...well as much more freedom as you can get from only working 15 hours a week to not working at all.

Needless to say I've been dragging my feet to get a job and Bobby has been doing his best to motivate me to get one. I just haven't had to not work for years and I'm majorly a fan of being unemployed. So finally Bobby won out and I joined the ranks of a temp agency. Today was my first gig as a receptionist.

Can I tell you how boring it was? I started at 8 and left at 3:30 and probably only answered the phone 15 or 20 times. I played solitaire, I wrote in my journal, I read 150 pages of my book. And I was ready to start poking my eyeballs out I was that bored. Hopefully any other work I get won't be that painful, and luckily it's only for another month or so.

I can't wait for fall and Kaleidoscope to start up again.

3 comments:

Mom said...

It sounds to me like you are more productive at home beautifying your house and cooking....but I guess that doesn't pay much in cold, hard cash :) It will be fun for you to get back to Kaleidoscope!

Annie Oldham said...

Maybe Lilly and I will call you more often when you get another temp job :)

B and J said...

Sounds like my job.