So, my sister, Annie, quirky tagged me from her blog. Now, I put these blog tags in the same category as chain emailing--I hate them, I stubbornly refuse to ever do them, even if it means I'm going to have bad luck for the rest of my life plus the hereafter. But I'll do this because it made me laugh a little reading my sister's and it'll probably give someone else a smile reading mine. The rules: mention the rules on your blog, tell about six quirks of yours, and tag six fellow bloggers to do the same.
1. I'm a picker...a really bad picker. If there's any sort of object on your body that should or should not come off, it's my duty in life to remove it. This falls into the realm of gross, why are you sharing it, but there it is. A peeling sunburn, scab, you name it, I'm going to pick.
2. I always lock every door the minute I'm inside. That includes my apartment, my car, anywhere. I don't think it's an innate fear that someone will break in but that something terribly wrong could happen. In my car I have this notion that if the door's not locked it might fly open and I'll fall out.
3. I look for Crate & Barrel product everywhere. You don't realize it but it's in every magazine, tv show and movie. And then I'll point it out to whoever is nearby...usually to someone who doesn't care, but whatever, they don't need to care.
4. I'm horribly nosy. I have to know what's going on with everyone, all the time. I'll eavesdrop on any conversation and add my two cents if there's incorrect information going around. I have to pry into everything to find out every secret anyone has. Bobby has stopped giving my hints about surprises and things he's planning because he knows I won't let it rest until I know everything.
5. I love science fiction and fantasy. Lord of the Rings is my favorite book, and like Annie, I find it terribly annoying when anyone refers to it as three books...it is not three books, it's one book divided into three parts. Star Trek is awesome (we're talking Next Generation here, not Deep Space Nine or Voyager or any of that other silliness that came later), and I can't wait for the new movie. Battlestar Galactica is the best show on tv and I'm going to be sad when it's over. If it is a book or a movie that involves space ships, elves or dragons, I'm probably going to like it. Yes, I'm a geek and I'm proud of it.
6. In church, I cringe everytime I hear someone announce what hymn we're going to sing and they say, "We'll sing the hymn on page number...." Come on! Everyone knows the hymns are what's numbered in the hymnbook, not the pages! Argh!
I tag Jonathan, Lilly, Abby, Linda, Katie and Amber!