Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Projects

The last couple months I've been working on some furniture projects, trying to furiously get a few things done before Jack makes his arrival (which apparently, could now be any time). I've become a Craigslist obsessed stalker and we've made a few great purchases which have been transformed over the last few weeks.

I'll post pics soon, because I haven't taken afters (and I was woefully short-minded in taking befores, so you'll just have to trust me that they look fabulous after). I worked on a dresser for Jack's room, a dresser for Ruby's pending "big girl" room, and a couple nightstands for our bedroom. And I'm still compulsively looking at Craigslist to see what else I can find. Do we need anything else? Absolutely not. But I can't. stop. looking. I'm a little crazed. Maybe it's a good thing this whole bedrest thing is going on because now I'm forced to not be able to work on furniture.

Ruby has loved all the hub-bub going on with the furniture being finished. She loves going to Home Depot and the paint store and buying supplies (her favorite thing to do is play with the foam brushes at the paint store) and helping out. And when I say helping, it's more getting in the way than anything, but she's so cute and so much fun to be around that I can't get too upset with her. So here we are on a little shopping trip to Home Depot:




Who would have thought a little girl could fit so perfectly in a 5 gallon bucket?

No comments: