Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Rain, rain go away!

Okay, I know that April showers bring May flowers. I learned that way back when...it's called the precipitation cycle. It's a lovely thing that keeps this planet alive and growing. But, what happens if all the April showers wash away the May flowers? Case in point: It's rained every day for the last four days, and nearly every day for the last week and a half. I recently noticed a little perennial I have in a pot by our front door, which had started putting out sweet little tender green shoots is now dead. Dead! Why? Because of the crazy amounts of rain we've gotten. Now, perhaps I should have been more observant and protected the poor little soul, but I'm going to blame it on the rain! Stupid precipitation cycle...

3 comments:

Jess said...

I lost two sweet little seedings too, namely because I COMPLETELY forgot about them and they died a horrible, drowning death. Stupid rain!!

Jess

Annie Oldham said...

Yeah, we don't really have that problem here...

B and J said...

At least they aren't freezing in the snow like mine are, grrr, no more snow!