Sunday, April 12, 2009

Easter

We had a wonderful Easter! Really, it was our first one together because last year Bobby was in Utah that weekend and we weren't able to spend it with each other. We went to church and had a lovely time hearing messages about our Savior and reflecting on the sacrifice He made for us, and the miracle of His resurrection. What comfort and peace the knowledge of what He did for us provides!

After church we came home and began preparations for our Easter dinner. Bobby had really wanted to do a fried turkey, so after researching, I found a recipe that sounded good and he commandeered the deep fryer. I, of course, had visions of our house going up in flames, so I carefully monitored the whole process and made sure there was flour and a hose close by. Have you ever You-Tubed turkey frying disasters? Yeah, it's scary.



Anyway, we had Xax and Shannon and our friends Doug and Amy (that's Amy Bramwell, for anyone from Solon that's wondering). And we let Meech tag along too.



Dinner was yummy. I made scalloped potatoes, corn pudding and Shannon brought a green bean casserole and rolls. And for dessert I made trifle. It was scrumptious!

Of course Easter isn't complete without Easter baskets. I told Bobby a few weeks ago that I wanted to do Easter baskets for eachother and I think he thought that sounded a little childish. But my family would always do Easter baskets and then hide them on Easter morning. So we went out this weekend to Gabe's to find some fun things to put in. I got Bobby some ties and other goodies and he found some cute gardening things for me. And after we had found our baskets and sorted through the treasures inside, he turned to me and said, "That's a lot of fun, we need to do this every year." I love that we're making our family traditions!

Happy Easter!

2 comments:

Annie Oldham said...

Sounds like a great Easter! I'm glad the hiding-the-Easter-basket tradition is growing on Bobby :)

Mom said...

Yummy, yummy. We had 7 hungry Elders to Easter dinner. They polished off the scalloped potatoes made with Fontina cheese. We also had trifle - which was an emotional experience for our Elders from Australia and Canada. I can't believe Amy is at college and engaged - I remember her as a Beehive when you were one of the YW leaders in the Solon Ward. Time flies!