Friday, December 10, 2010

Christmas is fun again...

Don't get me wrong...I adore Christmas. I always have, even when I spent a good 8 years in retail which can really make you jaded and bitter about the Christmas season. Must be the insane, angry shoppers. Or the fact that you're covered with glitter for 2 straight months. But that could not deter me! I love the music, the lights, the food, the family, and the beautiful spirit that surrounds this time of year. When I was little I loved Santa. As I grew up I loved the celebration of Christ and especially spending time with family. The 2 years that I wasn't able to go home for Christmas (because of work and the fact that home was too far away) were hard and I relished the next year that Bobby and I were able to celebrate with my family together. It became a time of togetherness and remembering each other and what our Savior did for us.

But something happened this year that has reinvigorated my already pretty healthy Christmas spirit...that something's name is Ruby. Case in point: We went to Walmart today. They were playing holiday music. I sang, out loud, to Ruby the whole time. We walked through the Christmas aisle and I showed her all the sparkly, glittery glory. I love Christmas with my girl. I remember how I felt about it when I was a child. Christmas was fun. I can't wait for the 25th...sure, she won't remember this Christmas, but in a couple years she'll start too and we're going to have a good time. I guarantee it.

No comments: