Monday, August 18, 2008

Virginia Beach (aka Our Engagementmoon)

We spent August 9-12 in Virginia Beach for a much needed break from work for me and a celebration for Bobby of surviving his first year of dental school. We stayed at a cabin at the Cape Henry Inn, an armed forces resort on Fort Story, an army base next to Virginia Beach. The cabin was cute and cozy (minus the bugs in my bed the first night, but Bobby valiantly rescued me from those) and it was nice to just spend a few days with each other.
We spent most of our time at the beach or watching the olympics--and yes, Michael Phelps is my hero. On Monday afternoon we drove around trying to find a fresh fish market (harder than you might think in a town that is situated next to an ocean) and had a fish fry with smores for dessert.
That evening we went to the beach to watch an absolutely glorious sunset and enjoy our first FHE together. After a sweet time talking, Bobby got down on one knee and asked me to marry him. So yes, it is now official--we're engaged! No, the earth is not in danger of imminent destruction, and no the end is not near...But yes, Bobby and Maggie are getting married!

6 comments:

Jonathan said...

I just wanted to be the first person to leave a comment on your blog. Frankly I was surprised when Annie told me you had started a blog. I said, "The same Maggie who will never let anyone read her journal is a blogger?"

Annie and I want to hear more about the bed bug rescue.

Kristen Brady said...

Maggie - I just found you through Annie's blog! Congrats on your engagement - you two look so happy. If you email me (kristendorffbrady@gmail.com) I will invite you to our blog.
Keep in touch!
Kristen (Dorff) Brady

Annie Oldham said...

I'm so glad you've started a blog. The most addicting part is constantly checking to see if people have left comments (as you know), so I'll be sure to leave comments on yours!

B and J said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!! We are so excited for you guys! Brad has already taken the day off! I however will not be able to make it, my cousin is getting married the same day, so we will divide and conquer!

I am also so proud of you for starting a blog, I wish a few more of the family would! Good luck with wedding plans!

Kate Johnson said...

HOORAY! I think I literally shouted for joy when Daniel told me the two of you are officially engaged! So, does this mean you will be joining us in Morgantown after the wedding? Another HOORAY! We are just so excited that you two fabulous people found each other. I can't wait until we can celebrate with you in person!

Lots of Love,

Katie

Anonymous said...

***CONGRATULATION BOBBY***
I love your Blog , Maggie is beautiful (lucky guy), I am so happy for you my friend. May Heavenly Father continue to bless you both. I got some news for you too. You two look so happy and thats what life is all about my friend :)

Forever your friend

Alyxendria