Tuesday, August 26, 2008

For the beauty of the skies

I'm constantly amazed, dumbfounded(and I say dumbfounded because most times I stand around with my mouth hanging open and probably look pretty dumb)and awe-inspired by the beauty of the world around us. And everyday I'm usually struck by some miniscule thing that I see and it's usually something so simple that I probably missed it the day before but now it smacks me in the face. For instance, I was driving home today and looked up at the sun shining before me (not a good idea, i wouldn't recommend it, the ability to see is a gooood thing and staring directly at the sun generally is detrimental to seeing). Anyway, the sky was clouded over and a storm was looming so the cloud formations were dark and absolutely beautiful.



So I took a picture, which leads me to a goal:
I need to learn more about photography! I know how to set up shots and take great pictures composition-wise, but I know nothing technical about my camera except point and click and maybe a couple other things. Another thing to add to the list...

2 comments:

Annie Oldham said...

You need a spiffy camera if you want to take spiffy pictures :) And Photoshop to edit them. And a computer with the oomph to process and store them...If you give a mouse a cookie...

dave&abby johnson family said...

What? I didn't know you guys had a blog and hello CONGRATS on getting engaged! We are so excited for you two and especially for you to move to Morgantown!

Dave, Abby & Aspen Johnson