Tuesday, November 20, 2012

It's beginning to look a little like Christmas

Yup, I did it....I started putting Christmas decorations up before Thanksgiving. I love Christmas and was quite happy doing it. Sorry, Thanksgiving. But the real reason was a little girl named Ruby. I just can't help myself because she is having so much fun. So this weekend while she was down in the basement watching a show I put a few things up. The stockings were hung by the chimney with care and a few other odds and ends were put out.

She was thrilled when she came upstairs and found everything. Until I told her she couldn't touch it. Bummer. But I told her I did have something she could play with:





She played with her nativity for 30 minutes straight and has continued to play with it every day since. I've had a sweet time explaining to her who everyone is and how baby Jesus was born (not in a hospital, in case you were wondering). And I've had to remind her a couple times that the baby is Jesus and not Jack.

Now she's just eagerly waiting for the day after Thanksgiving when the tree comes out.

2 comments:

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
BeatriceBear said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.