Monday, July 12, 2010

Dear Ruby,

Today you are 4 months old and I can't believe you've only been with us for that short of a time. I can't imagine life without you in our family. Ever since you were growing in my belly I would wonder what it would be like for you to be with us and what you would look like...every day I am amazed by how you're growing and how big you're getting. I love everything about you and everything you do. Here are a few of my favorites:

*Your smiles when I come in to get you from sleeping warm my heart and I would give just about anything to have you smiling all day long.
*You've started making funny faces and blowing raspberries and it makes me laugh to myself every time you do.
*That thumb! You can't get enough of that thing!
*How happy you are when I sing to you before I put you to bed. I lay you down in your crib and you get the biggest grin in anticipation of our songs together.
*Your talking...I love hearing it. If I could program it into my ipod I would.
*How you always have to be holding something. If you're just hanging out on the floor your little hand searches until it finds something it can grab: a toy, the blanket, your shirt, your ear, your hair.

Ruby, I am so happy to be your mother. It's the hardest job I've ever done, but it's the most fulfilling, and between your Daddy and you I think my heart just might burst with all the love that I feel. Ruby, you're my special girl and I'll love you always. Just remember that when you get your shots in a few days...

Love,
Mommy

No comments: