Monday, February 16, 2009

No, we're not dead...

So, now that the camera trauma is behind us, there is yet another disturbing event that has interfered with regular posting. Bobby's computer has gone the way of all the earth. It's always been slightly tempermental, and just a little finicky when it comes to things like, oh, I don't know, say...turning on. But a few days ago it turned off for good and nothing could convince it to start. Bobby asked me if I would call Gateway and try to get some tech support, but it's past its warranty and tech support now costs money (and me, knowing the kind of man my husband is, decided not to do it). So I started piddling with it and plugged it in and tried to turn it on when I smelled the concerning smell of smoke...Hmmm...I don't think computers are supposed to smell that way. Needless to say, we now don't have internet or a computer. Which is why the posts have ceased.

I'm at Xax's right now, and hopefully we can get a new computer soon. Bobby can requested a loan from the school to pay for a laptop, so he's working on that and--cross your fingers-- we might be up and running in another week or so.

Anyway, our lives have been pretty much the same since we returned from our honeymoon. Bobby studies a lot, especially lately since he's going through midterms, and I cook to keep him fed and go to work at my afterschool elementary program. We both have fun and love to see each other in the evenings and spend some precious time together.

And, in the near future, there may even be wedding pictures to be seen...if we can ever get this technology thing straightened out.

2 comments:

Annie Oldham said...

You should just get a wireless card for you computer. Then you don't need to get a new one for Bobby and you'll have Internet, and the it'll be a whole lot cheaper!

Sister Tara Bowen said...

Hey, Maggie! Amber had your blog posted on hers and I couldn't resist peeking at what the newlyweds are up to. It was either reading a grammar book or peeking at your blog--you know what I had to do.

Are you missing Crate and Barrel? Are you loving the little ward?