Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Happy 34th!


Bobby's birthday was on Friday (he's now the ripe old age of 34, so make sure you wish him happy birthday!) In my family, whenever it's someone's birthday, they get to request what they want for dinner and what birthday cake they'd like...it's a tradition that equals yumminess and the birthday celebratee feeling uber special and other members of the family not necessarily liking what they're eating, which can be quite enjoyable for the celebratee.

Bobby requested lamb chops with some scalloped potatoes that I make that he's crazy for. The lamb was delicious and he immediately requested that it make the cut and be put in my recipe binder. I have to admit, this man is pretty easy...all I have to do is cook a good meal for him and I can get away with just about anything. Well, maybe not that much, but it sure softens him up.

He requested carrot cake for dessert, and we enjoyed gorging ourselves on the sweet goodness.

Happy birthday, baby! I love you and look forward to lots more birthdays with you!

3 comments:

B and J said...

Happy Birthday Bobby! Hope its a great one!
In my family it is tradition that the birthday celebrations last for about a week & include at least 2 of our favorite meals, after all you can never have to much of good home cooking!

dave&abby johnson family said...

WHAT! Dave didn't tell me it was Bob's B-day! HAPPY BIRTHDAY BOB!! Looks like you had a wonderful day!

Annie Oldham said...

I wouldn't go quite that far in the description of our family traditions. You make it sound like we're out to get each other with our meal selections :) I don't think anyone ever complained about Montgomery Inn or that Chinese restaurant that I can't now remember the name of.