Saturday, April 10, 2010

Just for Daddy...

Bobby has military this weekend, and unfortunately it's taken him all the way to Charleston, so he left last night and won't be home until Sunday afternoon. He was feeling pretty bad about leaving his girls for the first time, and I have to admit, I was feeling pretty bad about it too. Since Ruby's been born, it's so nice having our family together on the weekends and I really miss having him around. So here's a picture for Daddy of what Ruby and I have been up to this morning.

She was such a good girl last night. She went to bed around 9:15 and woke up at 1 and 5. No fussing at all, just eating and going back to sleep right away. I loved it. Then I got her up at 7:30 and she had breakfast, changed out of her jammies and we played for a few minutes:


Ruby has such a good daddy.


This is how she feels when he's gone:

4 comments:

Ashley said...

I can't believe she's smiling already!! Josie didn't smile until she was 8 weeks old. What a cutie...I'm sure Bobby is missing you both so much!

Maggie said...

i don't think it was a true, real smile. i think more just involuntary, but i'm glad i caught it! she definitely has a happy face, but that's the first time i've seen her smile when she's awake.

Annie Oldham said...

That first picture is so cute. Ivy also has a happy face. She gave it to me in the middle of the night last night after spitting up all over me. I hope she wasn't making a joke at my expense...

Erin R. said...

I love the strawberry outfit! So cute!